Achieving circularity in the built environment
This webinar will be focusing on the core principles in the Pre-Consultation Draft Guidance of the Circular Economy Statement and how they can be achieved in the built environment.
The three core principles are:
- Conserving resources, increasing resource efficiency and sourcing sustainably
- Designing to eliminate waste (and for ease of maintenance)
- Managing waste sustainably and at the highest value
This session will explore how the plan can benefit the built environment, how the sector is achieving resource efficiency and what practical steps are they taking to reduce their impact on the environment.
- May Al-Karooni, CEO & founder – Globechain
- Doug Simpson -Principal Policy and Programme Officer Waste and Green Economy Team
A 45-minute webinar with
- 15 minutes allocated to introductions and Doug giving an overview of the Circular Economy Statement Guidance
- 15 minutes allocated to discussion of the document with panellists
- 15 minutes for interactive Q&A
Date: 4 June 2020
Time: 10:00 – 11:00 (BST)